Sunday, September 15, 2019

Windham Hill Records, Ron Affif Trio,

On this cloudy, and rainy, Sunday Music Muse Day, I'm feeling like I have a hangover, but it's just my being dragged out from a 7 hour drive after watching my son's away football game.  So, I'm spending the day with some softer tunes.  First up is the Windham Hill Record Guitar Sampler of acoustic guitarists.  I can't say I know any of the players.  I have past Windham  Hill produced music by guitarists Michael Hedges, William Ackerman, and Tuck Address (of the Tuck and Patti duo).  All considered part the New Age Music, sort of a bridge of instrumental music between acoustic Rock and Folk.  This sampler is a pleasant collection, but none of the players really stand out to me.  Still fitting for a laid back day.

My second selection is a more straight ahead jazz guitar music offering by Ron Affif Trio 52nd Street. This is the second CD I've found of this guitarist and he presents a solid mix of well known jazz compositions and one original, excellently played.  This was recored in 1995, but if he came to town I'd take a chance on listening live.



Still feeling mellow, so it maybe a early bedtime tonight.  Echoes of good tune will be a prefect lullaby. 

No comments: