Sunday, August 4, 2019

Sunday Music Muse Day - Emily Remler, Ron Afif

This Sunday Music Muse Day find me on the last day of vacation time.  I started the day volunteering, with Lisa,  at the Jazz 90.1 booth at the East Ave Art Festival.  That was fun with plenty of people watching.  Now I'm relaxing with some afternoon jazz.  First up is Emily Remler East to Wes, a excellent straight ahead jazz set by the late guitarist recorded in 1988, joined by a stellar cast of sidemen. Definitely an artist who left us way too so.

Next is a  new guitarist to me, at least, Ron Affif Solotude.  As the title hints at, it"s a solo guitar set featuring some jazz standards and several originals written by Affif.  It's an enjoyable session, on Pablo Record label, home of the legendary Joe Pass, the master of solo jazz guitar.  Affif does the tradition proud. I'm always willing to try new guitarist.  This one's a keeper.

Hopefully, some time spent with good music will help ease the pain of the news of the latest mass shooting in the U.S.  I heart aches with the families and friends of the victim.  Seems we're powerless to end the madness. 

No comments: