Sunday, June 9, 2019

Sunday Music Muse Day - Steve Khan, John Scofield

On this bright and sunny, near perfect summer day, after a productive morning of attending to the lawn, cleaning the car, and weekly grocery shopping, I'm enjoying the sounds of long time favorite guitarists.  First up, Steve Khan The Green Field, a 2006 release that was his first solo release in ten year, although he was busy with other projects as a sideman.  One reviewer described it as "latin tinted progressive jazz" (Greg Prato of Allmusic). I would agree, but found it not as focus as his earlier solo sessions.  One minor disappointment is the lack of Folon cover art.  Still, it was great to find this CD.


 Here are some of his earlier covers. This would be excellent set to pick up.
My second treat of the day is John Scofleld A Moments Peace.  A nice laid back collection of tunes played with Scofield unmistakable guitar tone.  He's one of a handful of guitarists you can recognize with just a hearing a few notes. I've been a fan since the '70s and this outing welcomed addition to my collection.



It been pleasant day with pleasant music.  I can't ask for more.  Enjoy.

No comments: