Sunday, June 2, 2019

"Everything old is new again." - Gretsch Corvette and the Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute

Here's a case of 'everything old is new again'.  Gibson has released a new series of guitars, the 2019 Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute $999, that looks actually like my Gretsch Corvette made in 1961, which was a Gretsch knock off of the original Les Paul Junior. The Gretsch Corvette was my first guitar that I bought from a guy in 1974 for $60 with with an amp. I badly added a tele pickup to mine back in the 70's (I think the 60's telecaster pickup is worth more than my guitar, at this point). I lost the original pick guard and wooden bridge to age, and just had those replaced and repaired at Berunzio guitar shop last year or so. I still haven't progress above rank hobbyist in my playing but it's nice having my first guitar around.


 There are many of reviews on youtube.  Check them out.

No comments: