Sunday, June 24, 2018

Sunday Music Muse Day - Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival, Triocity with Rich Thompson, Thelonious Monk

This Sunday Music Muse Day finds the starting weekend of the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival.  I hope to get to a few concerts and shows.  Unfortunately I'll miss my first selection performance tonight, Triocity I believe in You, with local drummer Rich Thompson.  I'll have to console myself with listening to this recent release, a solid set of post-bop playing.  I'll be sure to catch one of Rich's gig soon.



My second selection is a classic, Thelonius Monk Underground.  This CD is a nice reissue of the classic album with several added bonus track not on the original album.  The cover photo is amazing.  Listening  to Monk's music is always adventurous and intriguing experience. I'm sure a couple of Monk tunes will be played by some jazz artist during this week's festival.


 If you in the local area, do yourself a favor and get attend the Jazz Festival, many events are free. It looks Rochester at it;s best.  Lisa and I are Jazz 90.1 Street Team Volunteers and will be manning the booth during the last weekend. See you there.

No comments: