Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sunday Music Muse Day, Record Store Day, George Benson, Lee Morgan, and Kenny Burrell

Yesterday was National Record Store Day, when independent record shops collectively celebrate the love music shopping and collecting enjoy by music lovers of very stripe.  I visited two of my favorite shops, in my neighbor, Hi-Fi Lounge and the Bop Shop.  Both have special event.  Jazz 90.1 DJ Derek Lucas was spinning vinly at Hi-Fi Lounge, and Bop Shop have live entertainment.  Fun was had by all.  I managed to pick up a few classic CDs. First was, George Benson White Rabbit.  I think this is re-issue of his greatest known LP before he became the vocal mega-pop star with later album. 

Next is another re-issued classic, Lee Morgan Sidewinder.  The tune Sidewinder shows up on a lot of jazz compilations I have, it get play a lot on the radio, but it's still nice the whole LP (CD).


My last CD is a compilation of tracks by guitarist Kenny Burrell, Verve Jazz masters 45.  You can never have too much Kenny Burrell.  So, I'll be spending some time enjoying my Record Day picks.  Hope you found so music to enjoy, too.

No comments: