Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Thundercats Tuesday - Episodes #107 to #109.

This week's Thundercat Tuesday post features sketches for show #107 to #109. These show mark the beginning of more of the character design I've done.  I've included the show title cards as well as screen shots.  Enjoy.














 Doji-Kage (the Mechanical war horse) was one of my favorite designs.  Too bad it only lasted long enough in the show to be ripped apart by the Ma-Bat.

 The PAC animation team really buffed up the Ma-Bat character.  I was trying to keep it simple for ease of animation,but they greatly improved it.


 Captain Bragg was fun character to design.  He talked like W.C. Fields and CrowNan companion, talked like Groucho Marx.










I think this episode was the last we saw of the Luna-Taks.  There was no sketches for Show #110.  Show #111 will introduce the Return to Thundera story line, with lots of new characters and location.  See you next time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great stuff! I love seeing your work. While I love all the episodes I think I prefer the second season. Your work has inspired me for many years and ThunderCats is still my favorite show of all time! Thank you for sharing.

Bryan

Unknown said...

Great stuff! Your work has inspired me for many years.
While I love all the ThunderCat episodes I think I like season 2 the best.
ThunderCats is still my all time favorite show, it has helped me get through some difficult times.
Thank you for sharing your work!

Philip Gipson said...

Thank Jaga you're dedicated to your "ThunderCats Tuesdays" series. How you managed to hold on to your designs for the show is simply amazing. Your latest post was magnificent! ;-D