Monday, May 25, 2015

Belated Sunday Music Muse Day - Paradigm Shift, Vijay Iyer Trio, and Brad Mehldau Trio

Due to the Memorial Day weekend, I'm a day off on my Sunday Music Muse Day post. This time up, three new purchases from my local music shop Hi-Fi Lounge, two of which have local connection. First, there is Paradigm Shirt - Shifting Times CD. They're a local organ trio I've heard on Jazz 90.1 radio, and I've seen their concerts listed in the local papers, but I hadn't had a chance to hear them live. I'll be sure to correct that.



Second, is the Vijay Iyer Trio - Break Stuff. Iyer hail from Freeport, NY, which is near Rochester, and he is one of the hottest young pianist performing today. I like this CD more than the last one of brought of his. This one is more accessible to me.





 Finally, there is the Brad Mehldau Trio - Anything Goes CD. This set showcases covers of various well known tunes in a very different renditions.


 Considering myself a guitar-centric music lover, I try to step outside that comfort zone with these piano and organ based groups. They're worth checking out. Enjoy

No comments: