Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Music Muse Day - Steve Khan

  Today I picked out a guitar duo CD featuring Steve Khan and Rob Mounsey to enjoy with my Sunday morning breakfast of waffles and bacon.  Afterward I followed that up with some of Steve Khan's other CDs (actually I owned several on albums, first).  I must admit I didn't like Steve Khan's very first album when he was doing sort of standard Rock/Fusion stuff.  But starting with "Eyewitness" and "Casa Loco" he found a unique style and musical direction.  I grabbed the tune "Guy LaFleur" from Eyewitness as an example cut from youtube.  Also the album cover art by  Jean-Michel Folon was very cool.  The "Let's Call This" and "Got my Mental"  CDs are nice Jazz trio outings with tunes by Thelonious Monk, Freddie Hubbard, Lee Morgan, Wayne Shorter and others.  Very tasty stuff.







Check these album out if you get the chance.  Enjoy

No comments: