Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thundercats Movie At Warner Bros.

It seems Warner Bros picked up a option for a live action Thundercats movie. The idea of animated series has been knocked around (I was actually tapped to be a director on one of the attempts that fell by the wayside). This will make a lot of TCats fans happy, but time will tell if it ever makes it to the big screen. If it does, maybe the animated series will rise again.

Thundercats Roar at WB - AWN.com

Here's a live-action fan movie I just found on Youtube. It fun and well done.



I worked on the original Rankin/Bass series as Art director and secondary character designer, on the last thirty shows. I got to write two of the episodes, "Shadowmaster" and "Well of Doubt", (no...I don't get any money from the DVD's releases. So, don't ask!) I have some of the artwork on my website. Here's a couple of them below.




Thundercat still remains my favorite work experience. I'm happy to say I'm still in touch with the good friends I made at Rankin /Bass.

Thundercats HOO!!!

No comments: