Thursday, March 8, 2007

Hi-Tech, No-tech or Internet Junkie goes Cold Turkey

My internet connection was out for a couple of days. Boy, talk about feeling cut off from the world. No emails, Ebay, blogging, quicktime game and movie trailers, flash animation or other online "time stealers". But, I also needed it for work (to download storyboard reference art) and business (I got a email from a company in Canada interested buying 1000 flip book, just as the internet connection went south. Great timing!) But all seems to be back to normal for now, but it does point out how important the "net" has become for me and others. I, for one, still like to think I keep it in perspective, but according to my family I spend too much time on the computer. But, during the online downtime, I did other things like help at my boys little league practice and continue playing my guitar (every night for at least half an hour) and do regular family stuff. There is a life beyond the net. So, after you read this, go take a walk around the block, it will do you good.

No comments: