Tuesday, January 2, 2007

James Brown "Funky" 1970's TV Spot

Here my tribute to James Brown, " The Godfather of Soul", who passed away last week.

When I first heard James Brown as young teen in the early 1960's , I didn't quite get it, but later in my late teens and twenties when I started going to dance parties and discos. Your feet could not resist the beat. No one could get a room of dancers moving like James Brown. A true music genius and great human being has passed but his music will live on forever.

This video is a cheap record spot I worked back in the '70's. When I say cheap I mean - budget under $800.00 total (including art and 35mm animation stand camera work). Funky as it is, I still enjoy watching it sometimes. I did all the art prep and the super funky, very limited animation. I've ever try to sell myself as an animator to anyone and this will show you why.

I have other novelty record spots I post soon. They just as funky and fuuny.

Enjoy and feel free to leave a comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis,
I think I remember when this aired. So YOU'RE responsible! GOOD JOB!! It brings back fond memories of the GODFATHER OF SOUL.Thanks for the memories!

Lenord "BIG DADDY" Robinson

Anonymous said...

I LOVED this piece!! Ah, I miss the 70's and I'll go out on a limb and say I may be one of the few. Thanks for the memories.